Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Going home

Arrived at airport at 7 a.m. for an 11:40 fight. Seven a.m. is one a.m. Arkansas time. Sat with Odette for the 10 hour flight. She is a a French native but married an American years ago and has lived in Fort Worth for more than 50 years. Her husband died several years ago. She was returning from 4 months in France and had made her first trip to Spain and loved it. I really lucked out on the seat mates going and returning.

It was wonderful to arrive home but I had a wonderful time -- one I will never forget. I hope I can return sooner rather than later but the exchange rate makes that difficult. We all should not postpone the important things, especially if they cause us to grow and learn. There is nothing like travel to do that. In a few days, I will post pictures and some closing thoughts/recommendations. Thanks to all of you who posted comments. It was nice to know that you were keeping track although I could not respond to you.

At this writing, I am enjoying being back at Earth's Eye and looking at the pile of laundry. Willlet you know when I post pictures and some final posts. I know better understand the quote "The world is a book and those who do not travel ready only one page." When you get a chance to travel, do it. Au revoir and cheerio for now.

1 comment:

  1. How do I get to the pictures you posted. I don't see them here.

    Can't wait to see them.

    PS - Did you survive all the rain?

    ReplyDelete