Friday, September 25, 2009

Catching up

I arrived in Paris yesterday by train _ loved it. Im typing on a totally different keyboard so im struggling. Paris is SO different from London. Different light. different vibe, different buildings. Had dinner at the Eiffel Tower and met some very nice couples celebrating their anniversaries. Made my way back on the subway only to get lost in the station for 30 minutes. Turns out I was where I needed to be all along. Despite my best efforts to ask for help I simply went out the wrong door so thought I was los. Felt only marginally better when i found out that Barb and Bob had the same problem. At least I didnt cry.

Room is much better here and I can listen to CNN. Not sure if that is good or bad. Went on a sightseeing tour today with a guide mentioned in Rick Steves book -- Theirry. He was great. He then took us to Versailles which is beautiful but so French -- over the top with gold, etc. The hall of mirrorqis quiete a sight to behold as are the garden. Im now off to a 3 hour tour of the Lourve. Must admit Im tired. Tomorrow is Giverny til 1:30 and then a night cruise on the Seine so Ill have some free time. Au revoir, for now.

3 comments:

  1. I am green with envy. The only Eiffel Tower I have seen was in Vegas!

    Have fun, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a great time.... wasn't the architecture and paintings awesome. Things are defintely different there than in the U.S. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds as tho you are having a great time. Get some rest, oh wait, it's vacation, no time to rest, you can do that when you get home. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete