Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another good day

The weather continues to be great. Went to Oxford and Stratford on the Avon. Good change from London. English countryside, music playing, surrounded by Shakespeare, higher learning. heaven!
Yesterday produced blisters -- Linda, thank you for the moleskin tip. Still trying to absorb seeing Kevin Spacey -- amazing play.
Tomorrow is free in the a.m. -- probably go back to Westminster to tour and maybe to Kensington Palace. Leaving at 12:30 for Windsor Castle.
I had planned to post "must sees" but can't. If you come here -- do it all, see it all but mix it up between city and countryside. Glad I did the tour group the first time although haven't interacted a great deal.
Ringing off for now -- my watch say 7 p.m. but my brain thinks it's 1 p.m. Would help if I could sleep but it hasn't slowed me down.

2 comments:

  1. This Sounds GREAT. It also sounds like you are having a blast! I love reading these, so keep it up.
    I feel like I'm there in some small way.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can’t believe the similarity in our weekends. I too started in the countryside – Murray Park – for a brief jaunt across the river. I think I saw a castle when we were crossing the bridge. Later I had tea and crumpets with royalty – bananas and water with executives at the JDRF walk. Today on the way to work, I saw Shakespeare, or at least that is who I thought it was. He was standing at the corner of 6th and Spring, next to a trash can, espousing great wisdom to all who would listen. Well, I have to run now. Keep up the great reports. Kyzer

    ReplyDelete